Hey guys so now that i assume that you know the basic concept of networking its time to know that when you face an interview what are the common question that an interview will have.
- What is TCP/Ip and its integration. :- TCP/IP is known as Transmission control protocol and Internet protocol. Its integration as as, Reliability not achieved at lower layers shall be implemented at the higher layers and more importantly each Layer in TCP/IP protocol suite is responsible for some network operations. IP though unreliable it implements routing of network information across the nodes upto the destination. But TCP cannot do this it implements only the end-to-communication (i.e) the source and destination without taking care of the intermediate nodes across which the network information should pass through which is done by IP layer. Therefore IP is integrated with TCP.
- Printer installation in the network :- Go to the start menu – setting – printers and fax – add a printer – local printer attached to this pc – create the new port – select the standard tcp/ip protocol – and enter the ip address and insert the printer CD for driver and install the printer drive. after that share printer to all computers.
- What is PING:- PING stands Packet Internet Gopher. This is a utility for ensuring connectivity between computers . ICMP protocol works behind this utility. Under it , sending node sends packets to destination node and reply its received if there is proper communication between two.
- Difference between VLAN and INTERVLAN:- VLAN(Virtual Local Area Network) is a logical grouping of network users and resources connected to administratively defined ports on a switch. VLAN’s break up broadcast domains in layer 2 switch network.Virtual LANs (VLANs) divide one physical network into multiple broadcast domains. But, VLAN-enabled switches cannot by themselves, forward traffic across VLAN boundaries. So you need to have routing between these VLANs which is called interVLAN routing. You can achieve this by using either a Layer 3 switch or a router.
- What is router protocol and routing protocol :- A routing protocol is used by router to dynamically find all the networks in the internetwork and to ensure that all routers have the same routing table. Basically routing protocol determines the path of a packet through an internetwork.
A routed protocol can be used to send user data through the established enterprise, when routers know about all networks. Routed protocols are assigned to an interface and determine the method of packet delivery.
- Difference between TPC and UDP :-
The difference between TCP and UDP is connection(TCP) and connectionless(UDP) protocol.Because In TCP for transferring every Packets it needs a acknowledgment packet from receiver ,so if any packet loss happens receiver will not send a acknowledgment for that packet so Transmitter will once again send the packet.so TCP is reliable connection unless UDP will send a packet and will not expect any acknowledgment from the receiver so it is not reliable.
- What are the important network topologies:- BUS topology:
In this each computer is directly connected to primary network cable in a single line.
In this all computers are connected using a central hub.
In this all computers are connected in loop.
- Explain the work of SWITCH in detail:- Switch is a data link layer device that connect multiple LAN segments to form a single network segment. In switch when we transmit the data first it examine the data packets for source and destination then the switch forward the data packet to the appropriate destination.
- Advantages of LAN :- Workstations can share peripheral devices like printers. This is cheaper than buying a printer for every workstations. Workstations do not necessarily need their own hard disk or CD-ROM drives which make them cheaper to buy than stand-alone PCs. User can save their work centrally on the network s file server. This means that they can retrieve their work from any workstation on the network. They don t need to go back to the same workstation all the time. Users can communicate with each other and transfer data between workstations very easily. One copy of each application package such as a word processor spreadsheet etc. can be loaded onto the file and shared by all users. When a new version comes out it only has to be loaded onto the server instead of onto every workstation.
- What is OSI and its main purpose :- Osi reference model consisting of 7 layers helps the data to be moved in more optimal from source to the destination.And here the protocols are better hidden so the further enhancement can be done easily.This reference model can be used for both connection oriented and connectionless service.
The above given is the set of 10 very important questions. These questions are previously asked in the interview. If you have any more questions regarding do not hesitate to drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look forward for your queries
Image credits:- Techgenie
Incoming search terms:
- computer hardware and networking concepts interview questions (69)
- basic networking concepts and technologies interview questions (58)
- networking concepts interview questions (31)
- how to face networking interview (18)
- interview questions on networking concepts (12)
- ttc interview questions (12)
- How to face hardware and networking interview (1)