In the previous lesson we learnt the installation on Eclipse and its proper setting of environment variables and also how to use eclipse for developing android apps. Now lets learn how to make a new project using all the installed and available apps.
How to Create a New Android project
- The android development tools provides a wizard for creating a new project.
- Select File >> New >> Project
- Android>> android project
- Select the contents for the project
- You can have a workspace to create a new project code.Enter the project name, the base package name, the name of a single Activity class to create as a stub .java file, and a name to use for your application.
- Create Project from existing code
Ones you have finished writing the code the ADT plugin will create some new folders and files viz.
- src/ which includes your stub.java activity file.
- res/ which includes resources.
How to create a launch configuration in eclipse
Launch configuration helps is running and debugging your own applications. Following are the steps which will help you do it.
- RUN >> Open Debug Dialogue
- Type the list on left >> right click on Android Applications >> New
- Enter a name
- Run OR Debug
To learn more about the quality and functions please refer android developers place.